• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Time for our 4th annual Raftup?

Emerald

Hi All,

seems we're well under way for another gorgeous season on the Chesapeake. In keeping with the past two years, shall we do a 4th annual raftup sometime this June?

Let's get our dates out as soon as possible if there is interest, and I can coordinate with SpinSheet to get our event listed.

Last edited:

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
June 6th or 13th should be open for Escape Plan. May is booked and we are sailing EP to New England for 2 weeks in July. I dont know the date yet for the big raft up party in West River this year but I do know it is on. If we want to do a repeat of our low key Ericson Regatta I'm game and can probably get us RC again. Does anyone have a preference to location? I like West River although Shaw Bay on the Wye in nice too. These both seemed to be convenient for folks coming from North and South. Dobbins Island on the Magothy is easy as is Rhode River too.

steven

Sustaining Member
June 6th looks fine. So does 13th. Any of the mentioned locations would be ok.

--Steve

John Butler

Member II
June 6th and 27th are not good for us. The 13th might work for us to at least join a raft-up somewhere south of Annapolis. Our current plans are to leave on the 6th for a non-stop sail south to Gloucester, VA and then cruise our way north. Diane and I need to be back at work on the 15th so should be within a day sail south of Annapolis Saturday night (I'd like to take more days for the trip north, but can't fit them in). We haven't done any specific itinerary planning for the trip yet. Shaw Bay on the 13th might be good.

We might be able to do May 30 or June 20 (can't commit until I check with wife and daughter as they will likely come along either of those dates).

John

John Butler

Member II
Big raft up party on the West R. with the Tiki Barbarians might be on June 20 this year. Isn't it near the solstice? Ted, can you use your inside contact and check? Maybe we should think about doing that again this year. How is June 20 for everyone?

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
I was planning on going to Cleveland Race Week with the Jet 14 on June 20th. But it is getting harder and harder to make happen. If enough people say June 20th I figure a way out of CRW. Otherwise August or September for me. Although July 4th is actually still open I think.

RayS

Member I
We would like to join you this year and the West or Rhode is best for us because our boat is there and may not be sailing then. We could dinghy out to the raft up at least if that is the case.
We have the Ericson banner that belongs to the club and would like to give it to someone who is more active.
R&B Stevens
Vivant, E32, #165

Emerald

Hi Ray,

I'd be more than happy to help free up some attic space and become the current keeper of the CEOA banner. Figure I'll be staying active here on the Chesapeake with Ericsons a few more years yet to come. Perhaps we can do the transfer at the raftup on the Rhode or West.

As I'm looking back through this thread, it looks like the 20th might be surfacing. However, Ted, can you make that date, or are you locked in? Steve?

Last edited:

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Looking more and more like I can not make the 20th. I'm the president of the Jet 14 class this year and have been stiving to attend as many regattas as I can. If the 20th ends up being the consensus dont let me hold anyone back. My wife is not going to Cleveland Race week with me. Maybe she's crazy enough to take the boat herself?

Emerald

OK, I think we have as much of a consensus as possible for June 20th. Let's all put it on the calender. I got the call for SpinSheet club news, so I'll send it in for the next issue.

I honestly don't ever go up the West or Rhode, so who can step up to the bat for selecting our exact meeting spot and being lead boat?

John Butler

Member II
It turns out that we cannot make the 20th as we will be out of town that weekend celebrating Diane's brother's 25th wedding anniversary and his daughter's college graduation. I had that incorrectly on my calendar for the 27th. Sorry that we won't be able to join the rendezvous.
John