• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Outboard Bracket?

Gmilburn

Member III
Hi all,

I'm searching for a source for the mate to the bracket mounted on the rear of my E29. I have searched the web and contacted a couple of outboard bracket builders--and while they are willing to custom build one, it would be expensive.

Does anyone recognize this bracket and may be able to point me in the right direction to find the outboard kickup mounting?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Outboard Bracket.jpg
    Outboard Bracket.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 128

Bob Grenier

Member II
Gary...Thats the standard quick disconect mount for the bracket like the one below..I know cause I put one on my fishing boat...Mine came from West Marine...Bob

Attachments

• 649944463.jpg
    649944463.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 164

sleather

Sustaining Member
Gary, Couple of thoughts.....

1. What size motor are you planning to use on an E29? I've got a Honda 8 @ 84# on my E23 and have a higher end Garelick SS mount. The new 4 strokes are a lot heavier than their earlier 2 stroke brethren, and I would be concerned about how well that disconnect plate is mounted, especially the size and number of the bolts and whether it has adequate backing plates inside the boat.

2. I have 3 Garelick mounts on various boats so if you could get some dimensions of the mount I could compare them to what I have from Garelick to see if it's close. Max width (inside the channels), height and depth of channels.