• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E28 running rigging chart

SAM

"Nauti Jo"
I have a 1990 E28 and have downloaded the owners manual which is a great resource.

There seems to be a chart missing that relates to the length of all the running rigging lines and it should be chart "C" in the book right after the standing rigging spec sheet. The one I need is for the E28 not the 28+ that was marketed up to 1985 from what I can tell.

Does anyone know how I may be able to track down that chart?

Thank you in advance to any responders,

Sincerely,

Sam of "Nauti Jo"

GMaurer

Member II
I have what I believe is a copy of the original manual for my 1988 E28.
There is a table entitled "Standing Rigging Specifications," but nothing else for rigging.
And there is no reference to a "Chart C."

Sam,

If you're looking for 1 or 2 line sizes, a good local rigger could probably tell you what to get. When one here gave me specs off the top of his head to replace my furling line, the diameter was correct, and he was 6' short of the original, which I always thought was about 5' too long.

'Course, if you want a whole LOT of info, ya may haf ta buy somethin.:oops:

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
I would look up the running rigging specs for the 30 or 30+; it can't be that much different than the 28. At the worst you'll have a couple of extra feet of line. I have a 30+ and all the running rigging is 3/8". There is a running rigging specs document for the 30+ in the Resources section of this site.

SAM

"Nauti Jo"
E-28 owners manual

I have what I believe is a copy of the original manual for my 1988 E28.
There is a table entitled "Standing Rigging Specifications," but nothing else for rigging.
And there is no reference to a "Chart C."

Dear GMauer,
I downloaded a copy of the E28 owners manual from this website and believe it is for year models earlier than ours. Possibly the E28+?
Have you ever looked at the manual on this site and compared to the one you have?
If yours is different I would be willing to send you some cash in advance if you would be willing to have a copy made up for me at Staples or The Office Depot.
Thanks in advance for any consideration you may give to my request.
My direct e.mail address is samataad@yahoo.com if you are willing to respond.
Sincerely,
Sam

bayhoss

Member III
E-28 Owners Manual

I have the manual for my 1986 E 28, I see no reference to the running rigging chart. Just for info. I use 3/8 line for all running rigging.
Best,
Frank

Last edited:

bayhoss

Member III
E28 Manual

Getting old... If you need a copy I'm in Va. and that's probably close. Let me know and I'll be happy to copy and ship.
Best,
Frank

SAM

"Nauti Jo"
E-28 owners manual

Getting old... If you need a copy I'm in Va. and that's probably close. Let me know and I'll be happy to copy and ship.
Best,
Frank

Frank,
Thanks for your reply and offer.
What year is your E-28 and is the book for the same year E-28? Have you seen the owners download for the E-28 on this site? Is yours different than the one posted because I already have that one.
Regards,
Sam

bayhoss

Member III
Owners Manual

Both my boat and manual are 1986, which is the 28.2 ("T" shaped cockpit). I havent seen the manual for boats before 1985, but I'm fairly certain that's the 28+.
Best,
Frank