• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

need info...

rhewitt

Member II
1988 Ericson 34,, down here in Nicaragua.

Has any one replaced dome lights, if so what has been the best replacement?

Where can I get a replacement door knob for the head door?

How about the double plastic (tan) channel slide for the cabinets, I need 8 of them 20" long or I can cut.

Where can I order the groved holddowns that the Lewmar twist locks go under... the ones with two rivets in them.

Thanks,

Ralph Hewitt

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
1988 Ericson 34,, down here in Nicaragua.

Where can I get a replacement door knob for the head door?

How about the double plastic (tan) channel slide for the cabinets, I need 8 of them 20" long or I can cut.

Where can I order the groved holddowns that the Lewmar twist locks go under... the ones with two rivets in them.

Thanks,

Ralph Hewitt

I am not sure where one could find a replacement light -- ours are some Swedish sounding brand as I remember. Nice quality and one could put one of the new led bulb assemblies in, I understand. I see a lot of round marine and RV lights that might replace the original fixture if that's what would work out best.

The head door hardware is Perko on ours. I believe that the same parts are still available from them.
That plastic channel stuff might be available from an RV supply place; it is aluminum on our model, BTW.

Check with Lewmar directly -- I know that hinge kits are available and I will bet that someone like Defender or Jamestown might be a web source. Those holddowns must have come loose on more than one boat by now...
http://en.lewmar.com/support/index.aspx?page_id=658

Regards,
Loren

Last edited:

Sven

Seglare

This is what we are going to try:

http://doctorled.com/p24.htm

We'll use red/white for the 3 overhead "night" lights and white/brighter white for the 9 area lights that now have 2x8 watt fluorescent fixtures. We'll try one of each first just as a test but assume they will do the job.

-Sven