• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Removing CNG stove

Sven

Seglare
We will be replacing the CNG stove with either an Origo or a Wallas stove.

The stove actually works quite well, if you don't mind hauling tanks around.

I suspect it is original equipment and wonder if it is worth hauling it to Minnie's. What about the two gas tubes ? The tubes are exchanged, not refilled to order, so I assume we might not even own them ?

Anyone in the San Diego area who could use it ? We won't pull it out until after the Viking Berserker Bash at the Isthmus May 5-10, but after that we would be happy to see it go to a new home.

-Sven

u079721

Contributing Partner
Given the availability of CNG I kind of doubt there would be much interest in the stove as it, but they can be re-jetted for propane, so it might find a home.

As for the tanks, yes they can be exchanged, but they don't have to be, and you do own those. I'm not sure what the going rate is these days, but many years ago I paid something like $200 ($250?) to "buy" a second tank to have aboard. I used to refill my own tanks, so I kept them, and did not take part in the exchange program. So I would think someone would be pretty interested in your two tanks, even if they have to pay to have the water testing updated.