• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Manual bilge pump hose

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
I want to replace the output hose on my manual bilge pump to make it a little longer. It looks like some kind of plastic or PVC with a spiral reinforcing wire and PVC cuffs attached to the ends. It looks like this Shields hose listed on the West Marine site, but I don't see the cuffs listed:

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wc...=true&storeNum=11&subdeptNum=145&classNum=146

Defender lists the cuffs, but doesn't seem to have this type of hose. This same type of hose/cuff system is also used on my cockpit drains.

Where can I get the hose and cuffs, and what type of sealant is used to attach the cuffs? Do I even need to continue to use this type of hose system? I like the fact that the hose is pretty flexible. What do people in the know recommend?

treilley

Sustaining Partner
I would stay away from that type of hose. I am replacing mine with hose suitable for below WL.

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Any recommendation on what I should use? The bilge pump through-hull is above the waterline, but I'll use whatever works best. I'd like something that can make a tight, smooth bend. The cockpit drain through-hulls are below the waterline.

treilley

Sustaining Partner
bilge_title_147.gif

This is suitable for below WL and can be bent fairly tightly. It also does not require cuffs.