• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wiring harness on E38 - 200

Willpatten

Member II
When I installed speakers in the salon of my E38 I was real happy to find that speaker wire had been run to the V berth at manufacture.
When I prepared to install refrigeration it was great to discover that wire had been run from the control panel to the galley and back to the lazerette. Sweet!

Now I'm wiring a solenoid in the LPG locker. A red wire runs aft from the stove switch on the panel and seems to head over to the galley instead of to the LPG locker. I'm trying to find the end of this one.

Anyone know where the stove wiring ends up?

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
Will - On my E-34 there are factory installed wires (gray-white & black) running from the "stove" breaker to the area around the LPG tank and the cabinet outboard of the stove. I don't remember the route the wires take from the breaker. From the breaker to the stove, to the tank, or to both. You have to get into the "basement" to find the wires at the tank housing.

The same wires show on the wiring diagrams of the other '80s vintage boats, but the routing is not clear.

BTW, don't you still owe me an ice cream cone? Hopefully I will run into you at an anchorage this year.

Willpatten

Member II
Thanks Tom

The grey and white wires pre-run on my boat go to the refrigeration switch. I'll keep tracking them down.
I do owe you some ice cream but I retired from Ben & Jerry's so it might be the cheap stuff.
See you on the lake!

Willpatten

Member II
Found 'em

I love Ericson! Sure enough, they pre-ran the wires from the "stove" switch on the panel back to the cockpit locker. They circled them back from a plastic tie and coiled them up in a corner.
Now, wiring my solenoid is a snap.
I love Ericson!