• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wanted:'78 E-27 cabin lights

Desiderata

Member II
Our P.O. replaced some of the inside cabin light fixtures with some hokey fluorescent fixtures. We still have original fixtures in the salon and galley. When it was suggested to replace fixtures to accomodate LED lights($$$) , we found LED replacement bulbs and are delighted with the brightness the original fixtures give with the LED bulbs while retaining the charm the original fixtures offer. (We then replaced filiment bulbs in anchor, steamer and spreader lights with LEDs) Anyone know where we can get 2 or 3 original inside cabin fixtures? :egrin:

Mike & Cheri McNulty

chuckd

Member I
what LEDs did you get for the inside lights?

I've been meaning to do this for a while, but continually forget to bring home the bulbs. Do you remeber where and what kind of LED you purchased for the inside lighting fixtures? Any help would be great. As far as finding some of the old fixtures, I'm sure someone has them lying around. Many people have changed these out over the years, but I actually like the way they look, and once the bulbs are LED, no power or heat issues. Good luck.

- Chuck

sleather

Sustaining Member
RV supply

Mike, I found some virtually identical light fixtures for my '79-E23 at a local RV outlet awhile back. I think the boat manufacturers were using the same sources as the landyacht builders. Why reinvent the wheel? ;)

Last edited:

Desiderata

Member II
LED bulbs

Chuck,

We replaced our bulbs thru www.lunasea.com. Sorry, but we don't seem to have the model #s available. They are " standard bayonette" style bulbs that fit in most auto tail lights. "Richard" helped us with selection of our bulbs. My wife loves to read by them. They are well worth the investment! :egrin:
Best of Luck,
Mike & Cheri McNulty