• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

The Creamy Pint's first island trip

I live in Ventura, near the lovely Channel Islands. I took my rehabilitated E26 on it's first weekender. Awesome.:egrin:

Let's see if this attachment thingy works

It does ! so here is another shot or two.

Lessons learned--

*Rocker stoppers !
* be nice to have a blow up kayak rather than a blow up achilles dingy.

Attachments

• pint at smugs.jpg
    pint at smugs.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:

Sven

Seglare
I live in Ventura, near the lovely Channel Islands. I took my rehabilitated E26 on it's first weekender. Awesome.:egrin:

Very nice :)

Are you in Smugglers' cove ? We've only been to Anacapa up there so I don't know the coves but am guessing from the picture name.

Sure looks peaceful and cozy.

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Yup, That looks like Smuggler's to me. Yellow Banks (cliffs) to the left in that one shot. The first shot shows Anacapa in the distance. Nicely restored E-26! Is that a 4 or a 6 hp Yamahopper on the transom?

I miss those anchorages, just a little far for me since I moved down to Pedro. Did you go ashore? I almost flipped my dink in the surf when I tried it the first time.

yes sir, that is smugs. It's a pokey 4 horse Yamaha 4 stroke on the back.

I didn't go ashore this trip, but did watch two dingys get flipped ass over tea-kettle going in. I've gone ashore at smugs, but always in a kayak, never in the dingy. I don't like the thought of my outboard hitting me on the head while I'm getting dunked. :nonono:

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I have the same OB on my dink now. I used to use it on My MacGregor Venture 2-22 that I would sail to Santa Cruz.

Yeah, I did not bother with the outboard, just rowed in The trick is to watch the sets and come in between them. When I rowed back I watched the sets and rowed like hell when I saw a break. It can be done. Nice facilities on shore. You can hike over the hill on a trail to Little Scorpion cove. Speaking of Little Scorpion, you can go ashore at a pier at Scorpion. Deeper anchorage though. They want you to haul the dinghy up the pier though.

Here's a shot of the pier.

Attachments

• PA180948.jpg
    PA180948.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 212
Last edited: