• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Removing Rust Stains From Fiberglass

Mike Loft

Member I
I need to get some developing rust stains out of the fiberglass at the base of a couple stanchions. Is there a product that does this without harming the fiberglass? Thanks.

treilley

Sustaining Partner
On/Off or a mild polishing compound. If the gelcoat is not glossy, you could use a little bit of 3M rubbing compound.

Sven

Seglare
Fsr

I need to get some developing rust stains out of the fiberglass at the base of a couple stanchions. Is there a product that does this without harming the fiberglass? Thanks.

FSR works really well. Fiberglass Stain Remover ? I don't remember what the active ingredient is but it sure works, just leave it on for a while.

-Sven

treilley

Sustaining Partner
I believe Oxalic acid is the active ingredient in most of these type of cleaners. Make sure you wash the area afterwards with soap and water.

Howard Keiper

If you think the loaves and fishes was a reasonable miracle, wait 'till you see what FSR does to rust on the hull (or mot other plastics including Dacron). Always use the gell, though, never,NEVER the spray bottle. Apply the gell with an aptly named 'acid brush' which you have trimmed the bristles down to about 1/4". Put it exactly where you want it. The gell doesn't wick into places it shouldn't go...If it does, the rust will come back with a vengeance
Howard Keiper
Berkeley