• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Problems staying logged in with iPhone

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
When I use my iPhone to access the forum I cannot stay logged in for longer than it takes to view one or two posts. It's kind of annoying because I use my iPhone a lot on weekends when I'm at the boat. Is this an iPhone issue or a website issue?

This also sometimes happens when I access the site from a desktop computer, but only seems to occur when I'm making a long post or making a long reply to a thread; by the time I go to "submit" I find that I have to log in again.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Huh?

Congratulations - you're the first! :egrin:

Honestly, I've not heard of this one before. If it were just on your box at the house, I would say it's probably a cookie issue, etc - but on the iPhone, I'm not sure.

I'll check with Jelsoft and get back to you...

//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
'Remember Me' Box...

When you login, there is a 'Remember Me' box which should be checked. When checked, that setting places a login cookie on your computer which keeps you logged in after the inactive timeout period has expired.

So, if you login without checking the box, and then go inactive, you will be logged out by the server. If you check that box, the resulting login cookie should keep you tied into the site.

This should be true for the browser on the iPhone as well - which I am verifying now. What OS and browser are you using on your desktop?

//sse

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Thanks for checking out the iPhone issue.

I haven't been checking the "Remember Me?" box so that is probably why I get logged out when I'm on the desktop computer. I believe the Internet Explorer version is 7.

I'll have to try that on the iPhone next time I use it to log in.

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Eat Your Cookies...

Yeah, Jelsoft has indicated that it should behave the same - under a desktop or iPhone...

Check the box and let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

Thanks,
//sse

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Although I was not using an iPhone, that used to happen to me also and I never figured out why. I haven't noticed that happening for quite a long time. I'm pretty sure, in my case, that it wasn't the "remember me" box not being checked.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know. I don't believe I ever complained about it, though.

Last edited:

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
I tried the "Remember Me?" selection last night when logging in on the iPhone and it looks like it has solved the problem.

The desktop computer didn't seem to have the problem as much, just when I was making a long post or response, but I'll be checking the box from now on just in case...