• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Finally got to take our E39-B out in some wind

Sven

Seglare
A beautiful Friday !

We've had light winds every time we've been out in the past so this weekend was a nice change (but not too much change until we get the standing rigging replaced).

The wind speed instrument seems to need some calibration, but I'd guess we had about 8 to 10 m/sec or about 15-20 kts. A few whitecaps here and there. That was enough to let the lady do a steady 7+ kts, maxing out at 7.9 with dry fairly level progress.

It was wonderful !

Attachments

• 7.3 out of 7.9 max kts.jpg
    7.3 out of 7.9 max kts.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Good progress.jpg
    Good progress.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 72

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Looking good Sven! I had a equally great sail on Saturday. See my post in the So Cal section. Sunday the weather was back to spring gloom but Saturday was the day! Look forward to seeing you in May!

Sven

Seglare
Looking good Sven! I had a equally great sail on Saturday. See my post in the So Cal section.

You must have had more wind than we did since we maxed out at a measly 7.9 kts compared to your 8.6 !! :)

Sunday the weather was back to spring gloom but Saturday was the day!

Friday and Saturday were great in San Diego. Sunday was gloomy down there and it rained back up in Altadena on Sunday night.

Look forward to seeing you in May!

Yes, we're really looking forward to it too. We're hoping to leave from Mission Bay on Tuesday morning (the 5th) and we'll try to sail all the way if there is any usable wind so it will take us a while.

-Sven