• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Sailboat Junk Yard in Long Beach

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Sailboat Junk Yard in Long Beach

I found this place while searching Craig's List in LA. The place has no sign in front and you would never know it's there. I checked it out on Saturday and it's kind of like a Pick A Part for Sailboats. I think they are getting a lot of scrap hardware from derelict boats that the Port Of LA has been having scraped.

They have Outboards, winches, blocks, sails, fittings, safety gear, , bow rollers, anchors, chain, road, halyards, teak and on and on. Nothing is priced and I found it best to just make a offer on stuff. I saw some guys come in with bolt and wire cutters to take hardware off of spars.

It's located near the corner of 17th & Hays Streets in Long Beach just off PCH, west of the 710 FWY. Call Valerie 562-200-9108 for directions.

Here's the ad I responded to on Craig's List:

Beautiful Entryway Hatch For 27 Ericson - $200 (Long Beach)

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/boa/1087818315.html

Refinished teak,gorgeous.

This is the Sailboat Junk Yard in Long Beach.

Call Valerie 562-200-9108

I actually went and checked this out. Nice shape, could use some maintenance coats of spar varnish. It looked a tad tall for my boat that has the traveler over the Companion Way. I did not take measurements but I think it would defiantly fit a E-27. They also had a Formica E-27 table there that needed a little work on one of the hinges.

Oh Yeah, I bought two used Winchard Snap Shackles for 10 bucks each that are listed in the WM Catalog for almost 58 bucks each. My friend bought a whisker pole that needed a end fitting for 5 bucks.

I will defiantly be going back.

Attachments

• Hatch.jpg
    Hatch.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 2,962
Last edited: