• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Strictly Sail

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Thanks for the link. We had already decided to take a pass on this year and really plan on attending in '10.
I would guess that too many vendors threatened to cancel due to the overhead expense of doing two smaller shows in a recession.
FWIW, a number of the tented vendors cater to boating in general.

I hope that the sailing equipment companies do show up. They have always been a main reason for us to attend.

On the water, I note that transportation costs to bring newer designs to the west coast have made the floating display seem like an annual rerun of the product line up from "HuntaCataBenalina" year after year.

One good thing, from a sailing point of view, is that more power boaters will be exposed to sailboats with their lower operating expense per hour. I do not forsee much pressure the other direction! :)

One of these years we plan to do the big Annapolis show and see a lot of sailing designs and models that are rare on our coast.

Regards,
Loren

Last edited:

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Going to the Annapolis would be fun.

I got a response from the Sail America Executive Director (Strictly Sail). Looks like the show(s) will be separate but side by side so there shouldn't be too much wading through power boat stuff to find the sail related vendors. No decision has been made to combine next years show.

David Westcott

Good as ever

I went to the show this year and thought it was very good. I didn't find the combo with power to be a problem and if it meant having a show vs. not having a show then I am glad they combined.

David