• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

USCG Documentation Database question

sailor11767

Member II
Me again. Another question that goes in some forum, but I'm not sure which, so I'll try here.

In my unending quest to find an affordable, mint condition E-35/II :rolleyes:, I was wandering in a local yard a few months back and found one. I went home and looked her up on the documentation database, and, well, as one could expect, I found the owner name/address. Well, I said "neat" and left it at that. She was not obviously for sale, but all boats (and houses) are for sale for the right price and at the right time.

Fast forward. I want to contact them to see if they have any interest in selling. So, I went back on line, tried to look them up again, and no joy. I even went back and confirmed the name. This tells me that either the boat is sold and renamed (making me to late), or they've let the documentation lapse (meaning that they are ripe for an unsolicited offer!

So, the question -- does anyone know how to look up OLD information on a boat? I have the name, the owner's city (both on the boat, and what I recall the mailing address was) and I can get the HIN. Someone with an old copy of the database would be perfect.

Thanks

Harry

SASSY

Member II
Ownership

I would ask the office, someone must be paying the bill. It would probably be easyer. Most office personel usualy have a good feel for owners that are interested in selling. Or leave your name and number with the office and see if you get a call.

Vagabond39

Member III
Documentation

Last year I looked at an 78 E-27 for sale. In the cabin was a US Documentation placard as No. 597304 NET 8. Glory Days had been registered while in CT. 1986 expired 12/31/91 Had a NY decal and registration on the Bow, and was on the hard in RI. The price was low. But, my life expectancy estimated shorter than restoration period. Never did find an ERY number
  • :confused:

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Thanks to the internet, stuff that goes into federal databases never goes away. Although the quality of the data is always questionable. (The Army made a typo when updating my mother’s name when she got married. She was never able to get it corrected. We could always tell where certain junk-mail lists got their data. And it made dealing with the VA just that much more fun.) A couple of weeks ago, I overheard the Coast Guard chatting with an unfamiliar call sign - typed it into the FCC database and came up with an aircraft registered in Portland, license expired 15 years ago. (! ?) Never made out exactly what they were trying to report, but it went on for more than an hour.