• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

e 35 portlight replacement

seanflinn

Inactive Member
I am looking to replace the portlights on my 1970 E35 2 was wondering if anyone has any... or knows of a source that reproduces the originals? I have considered replacing all with lewmar standard stuff but I am not so sure about the 4 that are odd shaped. Any ideas or vendors would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, seanflinn (Good Reward) Hull#124

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Bomon(not to be confused with Bomar) in Quebec is excellent. I had my fixed portlights fabricated by them. They are very meticulous and reasonable. I think mine were $300 each. Ask for Alain. He is very anal about his work. They could not exactly match the tight radius but you cannot tell. It took a little cutting to make them fit.

Bomon Portlights(link)

Last edited:

jsnaulty

Member II
35 portlights

The previous owner (or his/her designee) replaced one of the fixed portlights above the galley on our 35-3 with a lewmar 4c opening port that seems to be the same shape as the remaining fixed ones- this is a really great thing, as it allows significantly more ventilation into the galley area (or out of the galley area). Get the templates from lewmar (they can be downloaded) and see if it fits your opening. I plan tol replace all the fixed ports with opening ones- here on the southern chesapeake, you can't have too much ventilation (unless you have air conditioning)

Steve Naulty
E 35-3 Holiday
yankee point, virginia

lbertran

Member III
Lewmar 4C

Hi, Steve-
Is the opening 4C in the forward or aft fixed portlight position. The two are slightly differently shaped and I think the 4C only works in the forward slot. Is that where yours is? Thanks.

boethius27

Member II
Our previous owner had ours done just before we bought the boat from him last year. The label on the ports is "moonlight, Berendsen Teknik A-S Denmark). They look very nice, they all open and are tinted. No leaks. Really enjoying this brand, though I know nothing of them. The survey said they were very high quality and they certainly appear so to me.

seanflinn

Inactive Member
e35 portlight replacement

Thank you all, for the info... it looks to me like the moonlight brand has it covered :egrin: now the fun part ...trying to make sense of all those numbers! Thanks again seanflinn (Good Reward) #124