• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Lake Michigan-- When are you launching?

marcusn

Member II
I'm still debating this one, but hope to make up my mind in the next week or so. Early = less on land maintenance, more sailing! Late means a couple of tweaks might make for better comfort. Still working on the list of priority projects...

newpbs

Member III
Not SoonEnough

I'm still formulating the list of things that need to be done while on the hard.

We keep on getting blasted by the winter weather. I'm wondering when I dare remove the cover. I don't want to do it too soon. I do want to start getting ready for the season.

Paul

jmcpeak

Junior Viking
I'm in the book for April 11th at Racine Riverside. If winter doesn't start to give let go this year, I may have to push that date back. Reef Point opens April 1st - one of my neighbors is always the first sailboat in the harbor - he made it in the first week of April last year.

Mindscape

Member III
Mid May......I hope

I''ve got a few projects to do, but most could be completed in the water. I'm shooting for mid May.
Jason - Is Reefpoint thawed by then? or do green hulls generate enough heat so that the ice melts around you. (At least I think that was you in the green Irish Rover I saw when I was up there last season)

I also just got back from working on Mindscape and noticed that my slip in Kenosha is missing! Apparetnly they have taken some of the floating piers out for repairs, I hope they are back in by May! I hope they are putting them back in period, don't wanna be a boat without a home.

marcusn

Member II
mid May might work for me too...

Not sure when to uncover either. I've got the big itch, and can't wait! Then again, winters has a long, tight grip on us here, and I'm not going to rush it.

Last year I was at Northpoint. This year, I'm hoping I can move closer to home...(live in Lake Bluff)
either Waukegan (which I'm pretty sure I won't find a slip) or Great Lakes Naval Station (where I'll have a parascope put up my back...ground check). Last year Northpoint was 90% full, so, that's my back-up. I'm also thinking the tough economy might make a few more slips available this year.

jmcpeak

Junior Viking
Jason - Is Reefpoint thawed by then? or do green hulls generate enough heat so that the ice melts around you. (At least I think that was you in the green Irish Rover I saw when I was up there last season)

Yep, that is mine - and yes ice is usually out by April 1st - water is barely above freezing and heat exchangers don't work well, but you can be wet!