• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wefco rubrail

pcb don

Member II
I'm going to be installing the Wefco rubrail on my E27 and need the 2 end caps at the stern as well as the caps or cap for the bow. Does any one know if a cap is availible that wraps around the bow? I currently have wood which is damaged and it has the original two caps at the stern, but the Wefco is larger so not sure if I can use the 2 existing. The wood rail at the bow ends with a straight cut and suggest it must have had some type of cap. There's no indication that there was a bow cap, but the bow at some point had repair which could explain the lack of evidence. Any ideas?
Don

tooblaaave

Member I
rubrail

I do not have any info on the caps, I am going to re do my rubrail on my e27 1978 do you know the paart number and style to use? thanx

tenders

Innocent Bystander
Good Old Boat magazine had an article in May 2007 on how to replace a bow trim casting with a piece of PVC electrical conduit that has been filled with sand and heated in an oven to assist in bending it to the proper shape.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Why not just make a little male mold. Lay on some light cloth and epoxy. Fair it out and trim to fit. Paint it white. No more corrosion problems.

LB

pcb don

Member II
Just looked through my pile of papers and can't find the numbers, but if you call Wefco the guy I spoke with knew the numbers. He mentioned that he receives a lot of business from this site.
Thanks everyone for the tips,
Don