• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New England Boat Show

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Has anyone been to the NE boat show in Boston? It is coming up in Feb. and was wondering if it was worth going to. The only big purchases I have left this year are Harken winches and Blue Sea panels. Unfortunately niether of them are listed as vendors. Maybe a retailer will be there with some good deals.

Thanks

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
I have never been to it, but it looks like a good show. Not many full week shows left.

It's the same time as the Miami show which you would probably enjoy more. How much farther from Maine can Miami be than Boston? ;)

robjpowell

Member II
NE Boat show

I moved to Boston last year, from MD, and attended last Feb. It is nothing like the Annapolis show and I was originally disappointed. In hindsight it was worthwhile for me (partly as I am new to the area and needed info on places to keep by boat) and I will go again this year. I did pick up show prices on some small items and was able to get information from manufacturer reps directly and also meet service providers.

Rob Powell
1976 E35 mkII

treilley

Sustaining Partner
We have decided to go even if just for the train ride and some window shopping. I like to go on the newer boats to get ideas for improvements to our boat. Newer boats have a level of convenient features in the cabin that was just never considered when Ericsons were produced.

boethius27

Member II
We've went the last couple of years and those are the only two years we've owned boats so I don't have much for comparison. I think it is a better show if you are a powerboater, but still fun to go to.

From talking with other Bostonians, this one isn't fabulous compared to Annapolis or Newport but I'll likely go again anyhow cuz well, its just across the harbor there....