• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E-25+ For Cruising Mexico?

me262

I have just been (almost) given a very nice E-25+. She has the original saildrive(?) which isn't running, but has an outboard mounted on the transom. Don't know what is wrong with the saildrive, or even if its worth fixing, but that's not the jest of my questions.

Knowing the draft is a little excessive for coastal cruising here in Texas, is this a boat that y'all might feel comfortable in cruising the Gulf Coast of Mexico and beyond in? My other boat is a Neptune 24, which is very shoal draft (2.5') and is perfect for the shallow bays we have here in Texas.

Or....maybe I should sell them all and buy something a little bigger? I don't have any aspirations of circumnavigations. Just dreams of cruising south for warm sunshine, hot women, and good rum!

Seth

Sustaining Partner
The good news is:

Because of the deep draft, you have a good sailing boat, and considering you are challenged somewhat in the motor dept (an outboard will not do much good sailing into 20 knots of breeze and 6' seas), you need a boat which can go well upwind, and you have it with this boat (provided you have the right sail inventory-this is important).

Apart from the engine issue, the boat should be fine for Caribbean type sailing-if a bit small. As with most production boats, you will have to upgrade the rig, rigging, and sails and do some mods to the main hatch and cockpit drains, (and by-pass the holding tank when at sea)-so you will need to do some work, but if you like the boat it will do the job for you!

Cheers,

me262

Cruise Cheap, Small, but do it Now!!!!

Boat was definitly cheap enough, though maybe not best suited for job.....