• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Fresh water tank access E32

Matey

Member III
I need to replace all my fresh water hoses. I traced them back to both ends of the lower aft sides of the tank. I'm assuming they tee in the middle. My problem is getting to the discharge fitting. The tank is a tight fit and the panels above are nicely screwed down and varnished over .. maybe even glassed on the sides at the hull. I was considering cutting an access in the cabinetry and covering with a grate for some ventilation, but a dock mate suggested it might be a watertight bulkhead of sorts.

Opinions & banter welcomed as always !

Regards, Greg

... yea, I'm yanking my fuel, waste & water all at once :headb:

Attachments

• a 019.jpg
    a 019.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 149

Jayster

Tank Access

Greg,

Any luck with the fresh water tank access? I was discussing the issue with a friend who owns a Swan 42 (he is also a nuclear engineer, so no hack) and he suggested that I make the access the same size as the tank compartment. Then install new supports and make a new cover. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Jay Gill
'78 E-32
Carpe Diem

Matey

Member III
Tank access

Hi Jay,

Well, I cut a small access hole down low with hopes that I might get at the fitting..but no such luck. So I put in a small louvered vent. Then I tried to get at it by cuttung out a section of the bulkhead in the starboard forward locker. Strike 2. So I'll glass that back in. After reaching my hand through the bilge in the starboard locker while standing on my head I was barely able to get to a fitting and hose clamp on the bottom of the tank, starboard side. I got it off and the new hose to the galley on. Major PITA.
The hose from the head I can't get to. I assume it is attached to the other side of the fitting I reached. It must be a T. But I can't reach it. So I cut back the hose to the head sink and spliced in a new length. I'll have to live with a couple feet of old hose for now.
I'm not about to start surgery on the v-berth with my engine and steering still laying in my garage. :rolleyes:

Regards, Greg