• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Yacht Specialty pedestal ?

Sven

Seglare
When crawling around to try to map all the through-hulls and also putting on second hose-clamps where needed I noticed that the shifter cable (plastic) sheath is split in one location. The shifting is quite smooth so I think it is just the plastic that is going and not the cable or wound metal wrapper but I'm adding it to the to-do list (and the throttle cable at the same time).

The cable is blueish, not red as mentioned in some of the Morse replacement threads here.

So, my first question is if we have the Yacht Specialty pedestal ? It seems so strange to have a big piece of equipment like that and no big logos or embossed brand name but we sure didn't see any. The attached picture wasn't taken for pedestal identification but I hope it will still be obvious to those who know ?

Thanks,

-Sven

Attachments

• Pedestal.jpg
    Pedestal.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 105

Glyn Judson

How to tell which pedestal you have.

Sven, Our Yacht Specialties binnacles have stainless steel guards that are 12 1/4" on center and Edson ones are 9" on center. From the looks of it in the photo, you appear to have a Yacht Specialties binnacle. Another way you might be able to further confirm that is to look at the wheel nut to see if it reads YS. That's not any sure fire way to know for certain because it could have been replaced over the years with an Edson one, but might be of help. Sorry, don't know about the blue color on the cable cover. Maybe it's cccold? Happy New Year to you and Nancy, your families and all your friends including everyone on this list. Glyn