• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Winter storage cover

Adam H

Does anyone know of a company that makes winter storage covers for an E27? I plan on doing some deck work next year and would like to protect the investment from the Northern Minnesota winters. Thanks:confused:

treilley

Sustaining Partner
I am not sure how good their email response is but they are a pleasure to deal with on the phone. Most times you will speak with the owner.

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
I'll second Fairclough. I have a boomtent from them and it works well. They messed up the openings for shroud placement initially but they made it right. Simple to install and will pay for itself after 5 seasons of not shrinkwrapping. RT

Bob Robertson

Member III
Hi Adam,
My wife and I have a boat just outside of Bayfield on the South shore of Lake Superior.
We shopped pretty hard for a new cover and chose the company listed below. Our marina is fairly large and I think most of the boat cover makers are represented. A couple of our friends had chosen covers from Quinte Canvas and were very satisfied. This is our first year with our new cover. Bayfield has had around 12 inches of snow in the last couple of weeks and our cover is holding up perfectly. Quinte offered some discounts last winter (February) that we were happy to take advantage of.
Also, the people at Quinte Canvas are very enjoyable to work with. I always like that.

A boat cover makes a very nice Christmas present for any boat. I'm sure it will be very much appreciated.

Best of luck, and I hope you have a most enjoyable Christmas. Let me know if I can be of help.
Bob

Dave Davis
Quinte Canvas Mfg (Top Shop)
613 384 6316
800 268 4186

Last edited:

dcoyle

Member III
You may want to check out bow roof sheds from Stimson Marine. If you do a google search for Bow Roof Shed it will gwet you there. I have purchased the plans and will be building it after boat is launched in spring. Frame made from 1x3 strapping and covered with green house plastic, plastic has uv protection and is garunteed for 5 years, can be built for less than $1000. There are several around here and thy are slick.

Bob Robertson

Member III
Northern Wisconsin had a lot of snow this winter. Our new cover held up really, really well. The snow just slid off.
Our previous cover was canvas, it lasted 11 years and after the 11 years we built a frame and used plastic tarps. Both cover versions worked well, but in the spring our boat was typically covered with dust and dirt that had somehow blown in.

This year our boat was completely clean, without any dust at all. I joked that I didn't want to take the cover off. What if it rains!!

We did wait until just before we launched the boat to remove the cover. We rebeded the ports, waxed the deck, cleaned up down below, installed everything, and waxed the hull and stern by rolling the cover up on one side and then the other, all with the cover on. It was great.

Hope everybody has a most enjoyable sailing season,
Bob

Hi Adam,
My wife and I have a boat just outside of Bayfield on the South shore of Lake Superior.
We shopped pretty hard for a new cover and chose the company listed below. Our marina is fairly large and I think most of the boat cover makers are represented. A couple of our friends had chosen covers from Quinte Canvas and were very satisfied. This is our first year with our new cover. Bayfield has had around 12 inches of snow in the last couple of weeks and our cover is holding up perfectly. Quinte offered some discounts last winter (February) that we were happy to take advantage of.
Also, the people at Quinte Canvas are very enjoyable to work with. I always like that.

A boat cover makes a very nice Christmas present for any boat. I'm sure it will be very much appreciated.

Best of luck, and I hope you have a most enjoyable Christmas. Let me know if I can be of help.
Bob

Dave Davis
Quinte Canvas Mfg (Top Shop)
613 384 6316
800 268 4186

Last edited:

SAM

"Nauti Jo"
full boat cover

I just purchased a cover for my 1990 E-28 at the Annapolis boat show last fall. I priced Fairclough and The Canvas Store in New York.

The Canvas Store had the best price and uses only "Top Gun" material. They offer a lifetime warranty on the workmanship. The material is light and said to be the best stuff on the market for the job from what I was told by other lofts in Annapolis that also make them.

The prices I got out of Annapolis were $2,500.00 to $3,000.00. After some tough haggling back and forth I got mine for $1,900.00 and it fits great! Even though the offer the "Top Gun" material Fairclough pushes the canvas covers and they can be heavy.

Just be carefull to not cinch it too tight by tying it too tight with line under your hull because the stuff doesn't breath well and your boat will sweat inside.

I couldn't be more pleased once I figured out that I had to loosen it up a bit.

I am sure they will have the pattern for your boat because Ericson seems to have made a lot more 27's over the years than 28 footers.

Good luck,

Sam of "Nauti Jo"