• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E-35 II light problem

Howard Keiper

I'm rewiring an original electrical panel in an E-35-II, 1975, I think, and I'm stymied over where or how the factory routed the wiring for the cabin lights. Anyone know??
Many thanks,
Howard Keiper
Berkeley

Mike.Gritten

Member III
Howard,

the wiring for the interior lights is run between the moulded headliner and the underside of the deck. If you need to replace the wire itself, you will have a lot of fun pulling the new runs in. When we did our rewire/panel replacement project a few years ago, these were the only factory installed wires we left in place and have had no problems with them so far. We put our new panel over by the quarter berth and installed a new cable up by the old panel to pick up the existing wiring mentioned above. Maybe not the best way to go, but it was the best way without some MAJOR futzing around with fish tapes and hole saws!

You can see an approximation of the wiring positions in the archived E35 MkII manual on this site.

Good luck!

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
Howard,
it was the best way without some MAJOR futzing around with fish tapes and hole saws!

You can see an approximation of the wiring positions in the archived E35 MkII manual on this site.

In a number of places (on Freyja at least) the original wires had been stuck in place by the epoxy/polyester which attached the headliner to the deck, so it would have been be impossible to pull the wires through.

I ran all new wires through the cabin, or in some places under the sole.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972