• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 26 1974

anthony110

I am hoping for a bit of help. I am looking at a 1974 Ericson 26. It does not look anything like the Ericson 26s I am pulling up on various sites. This version looks much more dated. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me with any details on 1) why the boat is so different looking than other 26s, 2) any websites that might be able to help me, 3) any details on how this version of the 26 performs, and 4) what kind of reputation the boat might have.

The one I am looking at it is in great shape, with a lot of equipment, and is really low cost for a 26'.

Thanks on this.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Mk 1 version, designed in the late 60's. A friend of mine owned one for years.
OB engine mounts in a well at the rear of the cockpit -- at least on the three I have seen or been aboard. This particular one is pictured with a bracket, and I wonder if that was an owner change?
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/list...ts=Feet&checked_boats=1707073&boat_id=1707073

Narrower than later Ericsons, but the beam-length ratio was normal for its era. Considered a very good sailing design, from a good designer.
After 3 or 4 decades you will need to do the same upgrades and maint. that any boat of that age needs.
Some info at the Info Exchange on this site, but not very much.
http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/local_links.php?catid=81

Any link or pictures of this boat that you could post?? (I dragged this one over from the listing on line.)

Best,
Loren

Attachments

• 1707073_7.jpg
    1707073_7.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,108
Last edited:

anthony110

You got it

Thanks for the response. The picture you have is the exact boat I am looking at. I am going to look at it on Thursday of this week. It looks like it is in good shape, but I will not be able to take it out. That is why I am interested in any feedback on how it sails.
Thanks
Regards
George

treilley

Sustaining Partner
That looks like a great deal on a starter boat. It would be hard to go wrong at that price. The OB could be worth that much. I would still have a surveyor at least do a safety inspection.

anthony110

How does it sail?

Thank you for the input. Do you have any experience in how it sails, whether just watching or know someone who has had a boat like this?

Thank you
George