• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

furling genoa wanted

Bill Beatty

Furling genoa wanted for 1975 Ericson 32, max. 36'10" luft, #6 or #7 tape. Also mainsail cover for 13' boom. 909-981-7217

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I no longer have a spare sail in my garage, but...
am speculating that your boat is no long "lying in a field nearby" :rolleyes:

Launched?

Any pics?

Happy holidays,

Loren

Bill Beatty

field of dreams

Loren,

Boat still in the backyard. Most of the work is done. Valve job next on the Palmer 60. Got a valve kit from Yesterdays Tractor and a copper head gasket from overseas. Any idea how to get the valves out- separating the valve stem/ spring from the valve retainer?

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
You need to compress the springs, which may require a tool to do that job. E bay has a lot of them, but make sure you get one for a flat head (or L-head).

Cory B

Sustaining Member
Valve Compresser

We picked up a valve compresser for flatheads (A4) a few years back at Sears of all places for around $20. Nobody else in town seemed to have them. They look kinda like a giant C-clamp.

Bill Beatty

iron genoa P60

Thanks to all. Got the valve spring compressor at Sears & worked fine. Took a while to get the broken valve stem out. Managed not to lose any parts except 1 valve spring retainer. My replacement valve kit does not include this. Suggest any sources?