• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Length of Gear Shift Cable for an atomic 4

Dare

I own a 35-2; 1973; #288, and need to know the length of the transmission shift cable. I know it is a 4300 series cable, but do not know the length. Also is the secondary attachment end of the main body cable the same, or is one end different? I live in Angel Fire, New Mexico but my boat is in San Carlos, Mexico and would like to take a new cable with me on my next trip to the boat. Thanks for your help.

Glyn Judson

Cable length dilemma.

Dare, As I'm sure you already know each cable is stamped at one end with its length to the inch and unless you're lucky enough to have someone read this who owns the same boat/engine combination and who is working near that cable, it's not too likely that you'll get an answer that'll be what you need. An installation in another length boat would necessarily have a longer or shorter set of cables. Here's an idea, visit a local chandler who carries Morse cables (I assume that's what you have) and familiarize yourself with the markings. Then try to arrange to have someone near your boat check it. You can direct them right to the length marking. Good luck, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
I have such a cable, and no longer need it, it was in the boat for about 5 years and is not too badly corroded. You can have it for a donation to keep this web site going; however it will be January or February before I will be able to get it.

I can also measure it for you if you can wait that long.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972