• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E29 Small window replacement

learking

Member I
Has anyone replaced the original portlights on an E29 with new units? I pulled out the small salon portlight (14"x6") yesterday. So far I've located two vendors: Lewmar and New Found Metals. Both companies make a window that is close in size to the original and screened. I prefer an openable window otherwise I would just regasket the original and have some new plexiglass or tempered glass cut for it. By the way, I am regasketing the four large salon windows. So far one is installed and I'm glad to report is does not leak. The gasket material was obtained from a guy who builds shower enclosures. The color is black vs. the original grey but who cares? In fact, he gave us enough to do all four windows! Also, Gareth Harris indicated he could ship some gasket if we needed it.
:egrin:
Gardner Soule/Learking

Portlights

I replaced the four portlights with Lewmar Standard opening ports, & had the large ports reglazed & bedded at a local glass company.
used a large rasp to enlarge the openings.
Goodluck,
Paul

rod sanburn

Member II
Ports

Captn,
My ports are 5x12 which will be replaced with Lewmar 0. 1973 E-29 Hull 224. I replaced the ports on my E-27 with all SS NFM. Had to use the teak trim on the inside. They are nice but a lot of extra work to install and make look good. I have a template still. Rod