• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Rig question

ChrisS

Member III
if I detension the starboard side shrouds to rebed the chainplate, will I throw the whole rig out of tune? Is there a best way to do this?

treilley

Sustaining Partner
If you are keel stepped you can loosen the shrouds safely. You should do both sides though. And loosen them gradually. A few turns per side alternating. Start with the uppers.

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Definitely get some opinions from owners of the same boat but here is what I would do.

Loosen the rig enough to remove the clevis pins. Run a halyard to the toerail on the side you want to work on the chainplates. The halyard will keep the mast vertical while rebedding.

Cory B

Sustaining Member
I rebedded our chainplates on our old 32-2 with the mast up without a problem. The mast should pretty much stay up on its own with the lowers (fwd & aft) alone... its a really stout mast. I slackened the mids & uppers on the side I wasn't working on, and tied a halyard near the rail on the side I was working on. We were in a moderately sheltered marina with just the occasional power boat or barge wake.