HIN # 's

Jim puget sound

Hello
Ive recently aquired the fine vessel Finesse, an Ericson 29 and cannot find Hull ID numbers
Does anyone here have info on that? The molded in # on transom isnt there

Thanks Jim:egrin:

HGSail

Member III
Jim,
It should be on the transom at the bottom. What year is your 29? Mine is a 4/73 and that's where it's at. There is another 29 by me and I think it's a little older and it does'nt have a HIN#.

Pat
E29
'73
Holy Guacamole

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
Congrats on a fine boat. I will check on my 78 E29T this weekend and let you know where the number is on the transom. My gas tank and water tank have the hull number listed on them it will just be the three digit number that should match the number on your sail. The number on my boat is ERY29591M78K

ERY29 = Ericson 29
591 = production hull number
M = Not sure what this means (Help anyone?)
78K = 1978 November

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
Opps!

Prior to mid 80s, per one Canadian site, K=June and the m is a spacer:

System 2
Most builders used this format from the “mid-70’s” until December of 1984 and some still continued to utilize the previous (earlier) system. (Initially this system was adopted and “suggested for use” and later on it was not a suggestion by the Coast Guard but a mandatory request. That’s why some manufacturers took their own time to comply or not.)
ZZZ 12345 G77E
ZZZ - MIC code (Unique to the company that built the hull)
12345 – Hull Serial number
G77E – Month and year of manufacture
All of this goes with the following letter designations for each month as follows:

August – A Sept – B October – C November – D December – E​

January – F February – G March – H April – I May – J June – K July - L​
Character nine is the spacer letter (G) – before the year.
Character ten and eleven are the last two numerals of the model year, which begins in August of the preceeding calendar year.
Character twelve is a letter of the alphabet indicating the month during which construction or assembly began.

Cory B

Sustaining Member
Maybe not on Transom

What year is your boat?

If memory serves, boats from the 60's and early 70's were not required to put the HIN on the transom.

Gmilburn

Member III
Transom Hull Number

I have a 77 E-29.
My hull number is on the Transom:

ERY29515M77G

Ive attached a couple of pictures--Im a visual kind of person--hope it might help someone.

Gary
Hydrophilic 1977 E-29 Hull 515

Attachments

• Transom.jpg
    Transom.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Hull Number.jpg
    Hull Number.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 72

Jim puget sound

HIN help

Thanks for your response and help, If the # was on the transome I'd have seen it, unless its been filled in. I have no idea what year the hull was laid up.
I'll keep looking, Again........Thanks
Jim

bigd14

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Check interior woodwork for hull number

Hi Jim- I have a 1972 E27 with no HIN on the transom. But when I removed the settee backs, the hull number was written on the back of them in pencil. There was also a handwritten sticker on the back with model number, hull number and what I assume was the original owners name (but not the full HIN). So you might check some of the woodwork on yours.

Good luck.

Doug

E27 Hull number 195

timh

1972 E27 #157
Check the rudder/tiller deckplate

I've got a 1972 E27. The model and hull# are stamped into the top of the deckplate.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
1973 E-27 Hin

I Have a 1973 E-27 and the HIN is located (stamped) at the bottom / center of the transom. The circled area in this photo.

Attachments

• E27HIN.jpg
    E27HIN.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 179

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
"Cucamonga!"

Jeff,
Every time I see your boat's name, I can just hear a huge ragged guy in many a different B&W movie saying, just before he goes crazy and pummels someone, "Slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch..."
:cool:

Loren

ps: mental image of Hope and Crosby, fleeing, after someone sez the fateful word....

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Your Dating yourself again Loren!

Your Dating yourself again Loren!

"Anaheim, Azusa and Cucamonga" - On the sitcom THE JACK BENNY SHOW/CBS/1950-65 (and on radio) Mel Blanc played a Union Depot train caller who announced via megaphone or loudspeaker system the trains arriving and departing from the station. For example, "Train leaving on Track 5 for Anaheim, Azusa and Cuuuu-ca-mon-gaaa!" After repeated announcements, the train caller continued "Look we're not asking much. Two of ya, or even one of ya...just somebody to keep the engineer company." And still later "Please, please! I'll get fired if I don't get somebody on the train for Anaheim, Azusa and Cuuuu-ca-mon-gaaa!" For comic tension, the show's writers often experimented with the pause placing it between "Cuuu" and "Ca-mon-gaaa." Once a whole comedy skit was inserted in between the pause. TRIVIA NOTE: In February 1993, the California town of Rancho Cucamonga, made famous by Jack Benny's long-running gag, erected a statue honoring the late comedian.*:egrin:

My boat is actually named from the Grateful Dead song, "The Pride of Cucamonga". That song is a different story about a drifter (X-Con) working his way south to Mexico from Oregon.:esad:

gene faley

Hin

I e:)njoyed reading and learning the system for HIN. According to 'others', I guess I have hull number 295; a 29' 1976 standard rig. I sail Lake Erie.
Gene