• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E35 MkII Papillon is for sale!

Mike.Gritten

Member III
Dan,

I guess that's one way to look at it! ;)

Loren,

the soon-to-be-daughter-in-law is quite the sailor having sailed dinghys and done chartering with friends over the years. My son, however, is a different story! He likes the idea of boating, but has a terrible issue with motion sickness. :esad: Anytime he's out with us, he has to be heavily medicated!
Unfortunately, that precludes the nuptials being performed at the Rendezvous - as much fun as that would be...

Hmmmmm...I wonder if Glyn would wear those boxers and horns to perform the ceremony? Nah.....! :egrin:

Mike.Gritten

Member III
SOLD!

Okay, I just got a call from the broker...the deal is done! Papillon is sold. Hazel, the new owner is from Quadra Island up close to Campbell River on Vancouver Island, is taking possession of her on the 31st of March. We will close on the new ketch the following day or so. I will keep you all posted, but just wanted to say thanks, to everyone here. I will lurk around and interject any nuggets I think might be useful.

BTW, anybody want to buy a 1985 22ft Alberg sloop? She's pretty! Just got her in trade....(it just never seems to end!)

CaptDan

Member III
SOLD!

Okay, I just got a call from the broker...the deal is done! Papillon is sold. Hazel, the new owner is from Quadra Island up close to Campbell River on Vancouver Island, is taking possession of her on the 31st of March. We will close on the new ketch the following day or so. I will keep you all posted, but just wanted to say thanks, to everyone here. I will lurk around and interject any nuggets I think might be useful.

BTW, anybody want to buy a 1985 22ft Alberg sloop? She's pretty! Just got her in trade....(it just never seems to end!)

Congrats, Mike. I'm sure your E35 is going to an appreciative new owner.
I'm sure the venerable WP10 helped close the deal, eh?:egrin:

But seriously, enjoy your new ketch and don't be a stranger. And thanks again for all the back channel help last year.

Capt Dan G>E35II "Kunu"

Mike.Gritten

Member III
Dan,

You can't get rid of me that easily Dan! I don't think that Sean is revoking my membership here and until he does, I will still be hanging around. I have a LOT of work to do on Wanderlust V, mostly cosmetic, but there is a nasty chainplate attachment issue that I have to deal with. I spoke back-channel with Guy about it to try and understand the challenge. Anyway, I will keep you up to date as we progress. And although we won't be at the 2009 Rendezvous, we will make a big effort to come and show off the ketch at next year's event.

Thanks, for the kind words. I will miss not owning an Ericson because of the great support provided by everyone here at EY.org. We still have to get through the various surveys so I won't be able to relax properly until then.