• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

A great quote by Sterling Hayden

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
A great quote!

"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go. They are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. And in the worship of security we fling our lives beneath the wheels of routine - and before we know it our lives are gone.

-Sterling Hayden

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I found more to that statement by Sterling Hayden:

I found more to that statement by Sterling Hayden:

What does a man need—really need? A few pounds of food each day, heat and shelter, six feet to lie down in—and some form of working activity that will yield a sense of accomplishment. That's all—in the material sense. And we know it. But we are brainwashed by our economic system until we end up in a tomb beneath a pyramid of time payments, mortgages, preposterous gadgetry, playthings that divert our attention from the sheer idiocy of the charade.

The years thunder by. The dreams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience. Before we know it the tomb is sealed.

Where, then lies the answer? In choice. Which shall it be: backruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life?"

- Sterling Hayden

A Sterling idea

I have noticed that people will spend a life time accruing STUFF and big houses to fill with their STUFF. Then as they get older, they go into reverse. They start giving their STUFF to their kids and selling their STUFF so they can move into a smaller house or condo and on and on it goes. Kind of makes you wonder,"why bother". Just do what Sterling said, it just makes more sense...doesn't it?

Well, here is another quote by Joseph Cambell that covers the middle ground: "Follow your bliss". I suppose that this would cover making millions or sailing off into the sunset. You choose what works for you but remember, it's YOUR choise.

Fair winds,

Chad

P.S. Life sure is funny :egrin:

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream.

You know when fluoridation first began?

Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

-- Gen. Jack D. Ripper

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I should have expected that Gen. Jack D. Ripper

"War was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids." -- Gen. Jack D. Ripper

I should have expected that Gen. Jack D. Ripper would chime in here. It's just a matter of time before we hear from Major T. J. "King" Kong, Colonel "Bat" Guano or Premier Kissoff for that matter.

Sterling Hayden Rocks!
:offtopic:

Last edited:

marcusn

Member II
Great quote indeed!

Thanks for that original Sterling quote.
well worth remembering and reflecting on.