• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E29 Microwave Install?

Gmilburn

Member III
Has anyone replaced the standard alcohol two-burner stove with a microwave? I have an E-29 and since we dont cruise (were landlocked) and spend nights docked at the slip with full electrical power--I think it would clearly be more useful to us. Im sure we would have to sacrifice a drawer--but the admiral thinks it is worth the price. I have searched the web and it looks like the smallest microwave is a 0.5 cubic feet--which I think would suit our needs fine. Any conversion pics or hard-knock experiences would be greatly appreciated. Ive include a pic of our galley cabinet layout.

Thanks so much!

Gary
Hydrophilic 1977 E-29 Hull 515
Rogers, AR

Attachments

• ericson galley.jpg
    ericson galley.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 57

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
I put one into the bulkhead between the galley and cockpit of my 35-2 a couple years ago. the first thought was for size. I found that they are assured by capacity not outside dimension, and that a .5,.6 and.7 are all the same outside dimension so opted for the .7. as for brand i got a chef mate from the local target for $39 on the theory that in the salt water environment that it will only last a few years and would need replacing no matter what the quality, and with a custom hole it needed to be of a common size so when replacement inevitably comes any replacement brand will do. good luck Edd