• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

1987 E 34 Salon Table

SASSY

Member II
Does any one with a 1987 E34 have a salon table that converts into a berth? Mine does not but I realy wish it did. If you do please send me some pictures, or a description, I would greatly apreciate it. I have done some extesive maintenance and upgrades on Sassy. If you need any help on an item let me know and I will see what I can do. I would list the upgrades but that would take all night.
Thanks.

Shadowfax

Member III
There was not a factory option that allowed the table to convert to a bed.

What I have done is locate tubing that matches the tubing that supports the table and cut the tubing to allow the table to sit at the level of settee base. Be aware one end is beveled. The table will fit between the mast and the settee. I then cut a piece of foam to basically cover the table top and you have what passes as a double bed. I leave the back cushions on by the sink and leave the seat cushions on. The new foam should meet the seat cushions when you cut the foam. If you are carrying the leaf I tie that off to the support pole by the sink.

This does work and requires no carpentry skills. The tubing is available at any good RV store. If you want to get into it and have carpentry skills let me know and I'll give you another option. But it's a project

SASSY

Member II
Salon table

I would realy like to do something with the table. I am very suprised that it doesnt fold down, I think that it would make for a great berth. I would like to hear your ideas. I have found that the leaf fits well up against the left side of the aft cabin bed. If you remove the pole holder it fits well.
Thanks