• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Telcor wind indicator

RayS

Member I
My 1970 E32 has a Telcor wind speed/direction setup. It looks like a really neat thing except that it does not work. I phoned Telcor in California and all I got was that they no longer support this old system. Does anyone here know anything about the Telcor, especially does anyone have a wiring diagram for the connections between the masthead unit and the gauges? I live near Goddard Space Flight Center and have friends who are rocket scientists and engineers so even if it is that compicated I can get it to work with a scematic. Thanks

Lou

Telcor Manual

You can find what you are looking for at the link below, or google; telcor wind, I the same unit and it is a great system. To calculate wind speed it uses a thermistor same as on airplanes and similar to the air flow monitors on new cars. It measures wind speed by looking at the difference in temperature between two thermometers mounted in the mast head unit, one is heated the other is not. Both are exposed to the outside air , it then measures how fast the heated one cools due to air flow over the heated thermometer, similar to doing wind chill calculations. No moving parts! just clean it with Windex once a year to flush out the spiders that like to nest up there.
good luck
<cite>www.usmma.edu/waterfront/kingspointer/shipmanuals/Deck_Manuals/<wbr>Anemometer.pdf </cite>

Last edited:

RayS

Member I
Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the Telcor manual. Thanks to the manual I came to realize that the reason I could not make the system work was that the control module was missing! I have gotten a control module but it has a somewhat different serial number and appears to be a newer model. Also, the manual I downloaded says that for a complete wiring information I should see Manual 200! Do you have any idea where I can get a copy of this document? Again, thanks

Macgyro

Amazingly Still Afloat
Blogs Author
Dead Link

While researching this wind direction/speed instrument, I tried looking at the manual in the above post, but the file is no longer on the server.

I may be the only person in the world currently working on making one of these 1970 Telcor wind instruments work, but just in case someone else is too, I found this web archive that has the manual saved.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.us...inter/shipmanuals/Deck_Manuals/Anemometer.pdf

Good Luck!

You can find what you are looking for at the link below, or google; telcor wind, I the same unit and it is a great system. To calculate wind speed it uses a thermistor same as on airplanes and similar to the air flow monitors on new cars. It measures wind speed by looking at the difference in temperature between two thermometers mounted in the mast head unit, one is heated the other is not. Both are exposed to the outside air , it then measures how fast the heated one cools due to air flow over the heated thermometer, similar to doing wind chill calculations. No moving parts! just clean it with Windex once a year to flush out the spiders that like to nest up there.
good luck
<cite>www.usmma.edu/waterfront/kingspointer/shipmanuals/Deck_Manuals/<wbr>Anemometer.pdf </cite>