• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Props for the Campbell sailer prop

Mikebat

Member III
Launched Valinor this morning after two coats of bottom paint at the boatyard, and a new 3-blade Campbell sailer propeller to replace the original 2-blade washing-machine-agitator. The difference was immediately noticeable as soon as I pulled away from the dock and throttled up. Gone is the chug-chug-chug of the two blades thrashing through the keel wake at the same time each revolution. The engine runs smoother, vibration overall is half what it was before, and I get 6 knots in the calm water of the channel before the engine goes to 2000 rpm.

This weekend I should get a chance to see how the lower drag affects sailing, when we meet up for our So. Cal. Ericson photo shoot.

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
I am looking forward to your thoughts on the Campbell. I was trying to make a decision between folder, featherer and Campbell right before launching. IIRC, didn't the Campbell still produce more drag than a standard 2 blade sailboat prop? Can't remember where I saw the Practical Sailor data on this.... Either way, looking to hear about it. The price is certainly right on the Campbell. RT