• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Mounting Claw-type anchor

skahns

I have a 1979 Ericson 29 and I have been using a Danforth anchor but would prefer to swith to a claw-type anchor. There is no bow roller on the boat and it appears that it would be difficult to install one given the configuration at the bow. Has anyone done this? Or is there an alternate way to mount one?
skahns

paul culver

Member III
Here is the double roller set-up on my E29. It was already in place when I bought the boat, and I don't know whether it was an option that Ericson offered. The manufacturer's stamp is Windline Marine. Hope you enjoy your 29 as much as I do mine.

Paul
s/v "Bear"

paul culver

Member III
Okay, the photo was too big too post. Give me an e-mail address and I'll send you the photo directly if you'd like.

--Paul

Glyn Judson

Securing a claw anchor to the bow.

I too fitted a small Windline Marine roller to the bow of my former boat, a 1979 E25+ pretty much the same bow). It had a factory horizontal pin that kept the rode on the roller for use in rough waters. That pin location aligned perfectly with the trip line hole in my 22# Bruce anchor when it was flipped over. I stowed the anchor upside down and made a hefty shock cord loop with several hog rings that fit around the Bruce flukes and over and around the Aqua Signal nav light on the top, front of the pulpit. It was a simple matter of removing this oversized rubber band, pulling the pin and the anchor was ready to be deployed, a matter of mere seconds. I replaced the shock cord once after about five years of exposure to the weather before selling the boat a year later. So with a little outlay of cash for the Windline and a bit of shock cord you can hang a Bruce there and probably a CQR as well. If you don't have a light up there, any fitting you can come up with on the rail would work just as well. A flag base or something similar comes to mind. Be imaginative and creative and make it work for you. Hope this helps, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marian del Rey, CA

Ron342

Member I
E29 Anchor roller

Hello Paul - I have an E29 here in Md. and would also appreciate a pic of your anchor roller as I think it would be great to get the mud off the bow!
Do you know anyone with any extra v berth cushions? Mine came missing those.
Thanks
Ron