• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Need pictures of bimini on an E39 flush deck

bbboat

Member II
I have a 4-bow bimini frame looking to go on an E39. Problem is the huge cockpit. Canvas guy says to cover the cockpit would make the boat look like a covered wagon, and would require a 5th bow.

To all the E39 owners (or previous owners): Can you share any photos of your boat with your bimini setup? Thanks!

You can post to this thread or send me a private email.
Dan

Jon Libby

Member II
flush deck

Dan,
We have the flush deck 36c, she had a large dodger, large bimini, and a joiner between the two, if the boom is cast aside. My wife is makeing side curtins and an aft cover to attach to the bimini. Our cockpit too, is so large that by enclosing it with netting makes a great 3 season room. Some might argue that it makes for more windage, and it does, but easy up and down with the sides will give us a lot more living room space. We have been in winds at lease in the mid 40's before we took down the bimini. The dodger stayed up trough it. Find a differnt canavs guy for a 2nd opinion.

Attachments

• fairo2.jpg
    fairo2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,336

Guy Stevens

www.svpneuma.com

There are some photos there that should get you an idea of what we did. There are a lot of reasons that I did it this way, and would do it again. It was by far the most useful dodger that I have ever been under on just about any boat.

PM me and we can talk about it more.

www.svpneuma.com

Guy Stevens

stillwater

Member II
39 flush deck pictures and info

Hi Dan,

We just launched mour 39 yesterday after a 2 month refit. It is only partially done since the boat had been sitting on the ground for 4 years. But, it does have a nice soft(Sunbrella) dodger and a bimini that zips to the aft end that goes to a bow at the stern rail. When I get it together I'll send some photos and dimensions and comments. We did lots of other work that is related to your other thread as well. Feel free to contact me at mobilesearepair@hotmail.com.

Regards,
Dal Farias & Donna Hazleton
E39 FD hull #36 1971 "Stillwater"