• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E27 Owner In Chicago

ragamuffin

Member II
I notice a lot of discussion in the Great lakes forum regarding the E27. WHat a great boat. I just did a ton of work on my E27 ragamuffin.(see Photos) Love the boat sails great and now looks great. If your ever down in Chicago drop me a line. I am in Monroe harbor. With about 5 other e27's and a bunch of other Ericsons.:egrin:

marcusn

Member II
Wow!

I thought I did a lot of work on my 1975 e27, but next to what you did, sheesh!

Great job! She looks wonderful.

FWIW, Here's my baby:
My work has been infrastructure- seacocks, patching hull -- along with refinishing 80% of the interior wood.

Attachments

• Summer WInd in slip.jpg
    Summer WInd in slip.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 96

ragamuffin

Member II
Thanks! I bit off more than I could chew as they say but got the work done around 60 hours of work. You will have plenty of time to work on your boat sail it now! :egrin: Is that newer non skid on your deck?

marcusn

Member II
Thanks! I bit off more than I could chew as they say but got the work done around 60 hours of work. You will have plenty of time to work on your boat sail it now! :egrin: Is that newer non skid on your deck?

I bought the boat late Aug '07, and the top side had been repainted maybe two years prior. I have to admit, the color wasn't my favorite at the time, but this boat has grown on me quite a bit. The new paint topside is not gritty at all, so I'm not sure I'd call it 'non-stick'. However, decent boat shoes, or even bare feet seem to work well on it.

mac666

One more e27 coming to Chicago soon

Hey, Chicago e27 people.
It's nice to see similar boats near by.
Bought my boat last year have not sailed it yet - doing some work on it dry docked in Michigan City.Epoxy barrier coating it as soon as it gets a little warmer...also, thinking of building a mast hinge, so I can step the mast by myself. I also want to install an electric bilge pump...what would be an optimal place for a through-hull outlet of it on an e27 ???
Looking forward to sailing it...can't wait to splash it.
Mac

TRMN8R

Member II
Hey, Chicago e27 people.
It's nice to see similar boats near by.
Bought my boat last year have not sailed it yet - doing some work on it dry docked in Michigan City.Epoxy barrier coating it as soon as it gets a little warmer...also, thinking of building a mast hinge, so I can step the mast by myself. I also want to install an electric bilge pump...what would be an optimal place for a through-hull outlet of it on an e27 ???
Looking forward to sailing it...can't wait to splash it.
Mac

In the interest of the old adage, the less holes the better, I designed and installed an electric bilge pump utilizing the same outlet hose as the manual whale gusher by using a series of hose reducers (from the electric bilge) and to a T just forward of where the existing line exited on the transom. I made sure to direct a path that kept rising up to the T, and installed a check valve just in case. I drilled out a hole in the existing electrical panel, installed a switch, wired it, and have a two position switch, one wired AUTO to the float, the other manual. I use the AUTO position ONLY when I'm aboard. The pump I mounted on a wood platform which sits on the bottom of the bilge, and have a piece of wood mounted vertically for locating wiring up and out of the bilge as well as the ability to remove the entire system quickly if needed. Hope this helps!

Last edited: