• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

1974 ericson 29

tiedye1123

Hello. I have found a 1974 ericson 29 sailboat I am going to buy. It appears to be in good shape, the main sail and 140 genoa are two years old, has the original A4 motor. The forward two hatches have plexaglass (may not be original for the model not sure)
Can anyone provide some reviews about this model? I have researched Ericson and so far I have learned that they appear to manufacutre a good built boat. Thanks for any information about this sailboat..

Starduff

Member II
Ericson Yachts

Welcome to the site. You will get a ton of useful information here from many knowlegeable (much more than me) people here.
Ericson have a great reputation for build quality, design and performance. I hope I don't sound too biased, because the statement is actually true. Just check the boat out carefully like you would any used boat. You should especially be careful about the old Atomic 4 motor. Run it well and ask for any documentation the owner might have on the boat and motor. Ask to sail it (and Motor it for a While) and take an experienced sailor friend and mechanic?) with you. If you get serious, consider having a marine survey done.

rod sanburn

Member II
E-29

Hello and welcome,
Sorry I did not see your request sooner, busy with a sail camp for kids. I have a 73 E-29 w/ a A4. Tiller model. Its a solid boat. Mine has a Furlex furler but is a very basic model. I like to work on boats so this is my second Ericson. Depending on the condition of course, fresh water or salt , A4 or diesel all are factors that will effect your experience with any used boat. The Ericsons were well made boats and if mantained can be a great buy. I will attach some Pics. Rod

Attachments

• IMG_0062-1.jpg
    IMG_0062-1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 4,143