• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Fish Marinade

Kim Schoedel

Member III
Just tried this new one. Should work good on the boat. It is very simple and you could mix it up at home before heading for the boat. Tastes great. Should work on any fish.

Mahi Mahi Basil Marinade (for two filets approx 1 inch thick)

Olive Oil 3 Tbls
Soy Sauce 3 Tbls
Fresh Lemon Juice 3 Tbls
Worschteseshire (sp?) Sauce 1 Tbls
Fresh chopped Basil (didn't have fresh so I used 1 Tbls of dried/crushed)
Garlic-2 cloves crushed
Salt and pepper to taste (I didn't use the salt because of the Soy Sauce)

Stir it up, Marinade for 2 to 4 hours (I did 5 hours)
Grill it (I did 6 minutes on the first side on high and then 6 minutes on low/medium after turning. Cook till opague and flakes with a fork easy.

It turned out fantastic, either that or my wife was just being kind. But it was nice and moist and not rubbery like white fish can get. I will try this on other fish too, should work well.

I've been using this recipe, and I really like it. I have access to lots of fresh basil right now, and I have played with the ratios and the ingredients. I like adding more lemon, and decreasing the marinade time, so that the meat dosn't get chaulky. Try adding a little honey or torbano sugar, onion, ginger (or lots) and celery. This is great, not only with fish, but equally good with pork chops, and barbecued eggplant. Which should be sliced about 1/4 inch thick for the barbecue, and can be marinated in the same bag as the meat. Thanks, for the recipe, Chris