• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Cucumber Martini

jkm

Member III
Put seven or eight slices of an Italian cucumber, 1 tsp sugar, and 1/8 of a lime (sliced) into a shaker. Pulverize this with a french roller, hammer handle, etc until it is mush.

Add 1 oz Triple Sec and 4 oz Vodka (not flavored).

Add few ice cubes, shake it up, strain and pour into glass garnished with a slice of cucumber.

I don't care for Vodka, but this is sensational!!!!

John

msFootrope

Love Martinis, but...

I love martinis, but I'm not a cucumber fan, so I have to ask... does this taste much like a cucumber? I do like other things made with cucumbers, like pickles, tzatziki sauce, and a select few other things, so I need to know if it actually tastes like cucumbers before I try it. Craig thinks it sounds wonderful! I will say the picture sure makes it look tempting.

Emerald

Only seem to have the standard dark green cucs at my store - not the light green fuzzy Italian cucs. Where do you find an Italian cucumber and is it that important to have that variety of cucumber for flavor?

jkm

Member III
No you don't need an Italian cucumber.

The most important thing is that the cucumber is heavy and here the Italian ones seem to be better than the ones from Old Mexico.

It's really a refreshing cocktail!!

John

sleather

Sustaining Member
Seems to me it would be worth looking for the "burpless" variety of cuc's. Something about revisiting your beverage doesn't appeal to me. Sounds interesting though, even though vodka and I aren't relating at the present time.;)

Last edited:

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Martini

Seems to me it would be worth looking for the "burpless" variety of cuc's. Something about revisiting your beverage doesn't appeal to me. Sounds interesting though, even though vodka and I aren't relating at the present time.;)

Gentlemen:
firstly martini's are stirred not shaken (you bruise the gin or vodka) when shaken, any thing pulverized or added to this mix other than dry vermouth changes the name of the drink the less vermouth you use , the dryer the Martini If you use seet vermouth (red) it is a sweet martini. the usual portions are 3 to one for a British style Martini', Americans tend to like the dryer such as 5 to one or even just rince the glass out with dry vermouth and throw the rest away P.S. do not forget the lemon twist and stuffed olive. if you use a whit onion it is called a Gibson.

The same goes for making a good Manhaten rye or bourbon, sweet vermouth
served with and a dash of bitters (not shaken stirred ) add a cherry with stem Canadian use rye Americans use Bourbon and by the way in order to call it rye it has to have 50% rye mash in most Canadian Whisky's are wheat
Bourbon is 50% corn to be called Bourbon whiskey note ky or key spelling
Scotch is also spelt ky but that's another story Americans and Irishmen use key to spell Whiskey the scots and the Canadians spell it whisky

Now that I have given you a free lesson with my 50 years of :egrin:profesional bartending experience. lay back and enjoy

Charlie Pash sv-eden@telus.net

shard7

1974 E27 'Bluey'
Just made this, very tasty. Added a fresh basil leaf with the ice before shaking, and that just put it over the top!

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Vodka fan here and I don’t mix my Belvedere with ANYTHING including ice. Keep it in the freezer and drink it neat.

msFootrope

Vodka fan here and I don’t mix my Belvedere with ANYTHING including ice. Keep it in the freezer and drink it neat.
That's how I usually drink my Gin. But I do enjoy the occasional mixed drink and enjoy a good Martini periodically.