• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Deck Shower

MikeG

Member I
Hello guys,

Can you help me to find deck shower faucet?

Thanks,
Mike G

"Lily"- E32-3 /89

Attachments

• shower.jpg
    shower.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Different faucet style... but our '88 model had high-quality Grohe (sp?) faucets with pull out spouts. I just replaced the galley one with a very similar $candvik version. Is there a manufacturer name anywhere on that old one??

Loren

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
The PO of my boat installed a unit like that, but chrome, in one of the propane lockers molded into the aft section of the boat. Handle/hose just drops in for storage. Since I have CNG the propane lockers are storage anyway so this works well for me. RT

MikeG

Member I
New Deck Shower

I installed new deck shower.

Mike
e32-2 - 89

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 146

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
That would be the new Whale "Twist" unit correct? My deck shower was leaking so I purchased one of the new Twist units. Then I found out that neither WM or Defender had the fittings I needed to convert from the Whale proprietary plumbing to the simple 1/2" PVC hose I have feeding the deck shower.

I can't believe Whale would release/provide a product that is ONLY compatible with their proprietary plumbing. I liked the Twist but I'm not about to partially re-plumb my boat to install it. All they had to do was provide proprietary-to-NPT adaptors. Too bad, I returned it.

RT

MMLOGAN

Member III
Plumbing

Rob,

The unit I purchased is now over 2 years old. Took me some time to get it mounted... I don't recall having plumbing issues. Maybe it was that model.It came with two braided stainless hoses that were 3/8's NPT on the supply side. I was able to "T" off the supply line to the water heater for cold and the output side for hot. I mounted the unit inside the cockpit near the starboard LPG locker.

Sad to hear they hamstringed the product:mad:

Matt
Wind Chaser
E35-3