• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Sturgeon Bay, WI - Marinas

jmcpeak

Junior Viking
A guest on our dock a couple weeks back mentioned a newer, very nice and pricey marina in Sturgeon Bay. Anyone know which marina he was referring to?
Planning to stop in after the Hook race.

Jason

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Sturgeon Bay

Jason- He is most likely talking about Wave Pointe Marina. It is a very nice, kid friendly marina. I have a few friends that moved up there and really enjoy the place.

jmcpeak

Junior Viking
That name does ring a bell. Wavepointe is on Little Sturgeon Bay then. I'll call and find out. Thanks!

Czech Mate

Member II
CenterPointe Marina

Jason:

Glad you have heard about CenterPointe Marina and have visited the website. I keep our E32 there and really enjoy it. If you have any questions that I can help you with, free to ask. I'm the construction manager for the project so I admit I may be a bit biased, but I really believe that CenterPointe has the other marinas in the area beat hands down. Also, I think if you look at our transient rates for overnight or weekly slips, you'll find that we're in line with everyone else.

When is the Hook this year? If you end up visiting, feel free to stop by. We're in slip B-41 and our boat is named Czech Mate. Good luck in the Hook.

Bill

Mindscape

Member III
Centerpointe

Jason, Althougth I've not made my way up there yet some good friends of mine sailing out of Kenosha have been to Centerpointe and thought it was great. In fact as they were sailing south last year, on the East side of the lake they made a point to cross prior to Sturgeon Bay so that they could spend a nite or two at Centerpionte, where they had stayed on the way north on their trip.

Mike T

Member I
Little Sturgeon Bay

Jason, You may need to check with some of the local's in that area. I believe there is a very tight channel to the marina in Little Sturgeon Bay. You will need to know the route and watch the water depth as I believe you draw more than 6 foot.

Michael Tock
Sheboygan, WI
S/V Asgard 1978 Ericson 30-2

Mike T

Member I
CenterPointe Marina

Jason, CenterPointe Marina is just east of the the area of the old steel bridge, and a new bridge that was just built right in down town Sturgeon Bay. (North side of channel) There should be plenty of depth there. The marina in "Little" Sturgeon Bay is the one that has the channel and low water levels.

Michael Tock
Sheboygan, WI
S/V Asgard 1978 Ericson 30-2

Czech Mate

Member II
Jason:

The average depth at CenterPointe is probably in the range of 12-15 feet. When you call the Harbor Master to reserve a slip, tell him your draft and I'm sure they can accommodate you. If you're coming over from Menomonee, pay attention to the channel markers as you come into Sturgeon Bay. There is one area that I know of along the east side of the channel, I think maybe as you pass Potawatomi State Park, that gets very shallow very fast if you get beyond the channel markers. I know from personal experience - probably from about 19 feet to 4-5 feet in less than a couple of boat lengths. At least it was sand.

Bill