• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

design

helmsman

Can anyone tell me where I can get a bottom profile
for a 67' E-30? Side view and head on. I want to
modify a trailer for haul out.

Is there any quick way to tell if you have a shoal or
deep draft model without going in the water?

Is there an easy way to tell between a 30 and a 30+

This boat seems very tender to me was there a
design problem witrh this design?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Unless you can find someone with a sistership to photograph and measure, you may not have much to go on until you get the boat in the slings, over the trailor, with the meter ($) running...

The "tenderness" you are experiencing is another matter. You design is from an older design school -- narrower, and very likely with slack bilges.
You will probably heel easily, initially, but find it quite stiff after getting to 15 degrees or so.

Later boats will have more beam, a hard turn to the bilge, and be much more stable at the dock and in lighter air. When they do get pushed hard, OTOH, they can heel a lot further and round up a lot quicker.

If you have to punch thru a bunch of headseas, you will appreciate your boat's design a lot more.

All designs are compromises. Yours and mine. I suspect it's like the design "performance envalope" of an airplane. Different is not bad or good; just different.

All the best,

Loren in Portland, OR
Olson 34

:)

Captainpeter

Member II
67 E30

I used to own '67 E30#89 (bought it new in 67). Traded it in on a new E38 in 1984. Somewhere I have an original brochure which I believe has hull profile drawings. I'll look for it tomorrow. If that doesn't work, somewhere I have pictures of the boat in the yard and in the Travelift sling. Standby! Captain Peter

Last edited: