• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Folding Prop for Ericson 30+

We are starting to do club races with our 1984 Ericson 30+ and are going to make our first upgrade a folding prop. Does anyone have recommendations for the one that works best?

Thanks,
Vern Kleist:confused:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
You might check with the nice folks at Martec, just up the hiway, as it were, in Long Beach.
Long history of good product and good follow up service.
Just for fun, consider spending your tax rebate $$ on one of their feathering props... :)

Loren

Last edited:

stillwater

Member II
Folding Prop

You might look into the KIWI prop. Similar to Max Prop in concept but with composite replacable blades. I have a Max on a 39 and have installed / worked on several but the KIWI is cheaper than a Max. We just put one on a Cal 40. Looks good.

Dal
E39 Stillwater

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Varifold Folding Prop

We have a Varifold two blade folding prop that was installed by the previous owner about 7 years ago. It is very nice and seems to work well--none of the "clunking" noise that I've heard other owners report on their folding props when they open or close.
The only issue with ours is that it stiffens up a bit if not used regularly--this is solved by working it a bit in the water til it operates more freely. I'll add a bit more grease next time we haul, and that will no doubt help as well.
I would recommend this folding prop.
Frank