• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Air Conditioner

Dan Callen

Contributing Member III
Has anyone installed an air conditioner in an Ericson 32-3. If so, where did you mount the unit and where did you install the pump. Appreciate any response. Thanks Dan Callen Ericson32-3 Andiamo

JMCronan

Member II
I installed an AC unit just forward of the nav station. The unit and the pump are both in that compartment. I installed a seacock in that location also. The two cold air vents face forward and toward the galley.
To provide enough circulation for return air I modified the lower nav station storage cabinet. I removed the vertically hinged storage drawer. The door (that was attached to the drawer) is now hinged on the side(i.e.- opens horizontally). I cut a hole under the nav station table and put in a return air grate. The air flows through the nav station cabinet area and through another hole I opened up to allow for air flow through the nav compartment and into the compartment just forward, where the AC is located. The air flow works well as the unit grabs air from the quarter berth area and pushes it forward towards the bow. I hope my explanation was not to convoluted.