• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Dinette Table question on my E-27

joe-fran

Member II
I have owned my 1972 E 27 for 4 years now. I was doing some work on the boat last weekend, had my camera on board and decided it was time to ask. This may be dumb.. but...
The dinette table has an approx 3 inch folding 'extension' attached to the main table. It is made of the same material and is attached with a full length piano hinge. It seem to serve no visible (to me) purpose. There is no means to keep it horizontal, it would add only 3 inches to the main table but it was clearly made for some purpose.
If any one knows, please share with me.

Thanks

Joe

Last edited:

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
There used to be another leaf connected to the 3" flap, the same size as the main table. The missing leaf just hangs until you want to extend the table for more seating. The purpose of the flap is to make space to enclose the folded legs between the two table half's if you want to stow the table.

I re-did my table so I happen to have the old one sitting outside.

Attachments

• DSCN3562.jpg
    DSCN3562.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCN3564.jpg
    DSCN3564.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 73

Kevin Johnston

Member III
Table

By 1976, my E27 no longer had the 3 inch middle part and the other half of the table folded on top of the other half for stowage. One less hinge and two instead of three parts.
KJ

joe-fran

Member II
Many thanks

Thanks for the prompt and informative replies.
Looks like I have (another) winter project to complete.

Joe