• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E28 12volt Panel Battery Switch

Rick Harris

The black plastic knob on the panel that selects Batt 1 or Batt 2 or both batteries has disintegrated. I tried Custom Marine Services but they can't help so I am currently resigned to turning the protruding switch spigot with a pair of pliars. Anyone know where I can get a replacement, please? I have made a sketch and scanned it to a PDF file if it will help someone find one for me. Boat built in 1981.

Attachments

• batteryswitchknob.pdf
    102.2 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
What with those older 1-2-all switches increasingly being replaced by the newer panel scheme using two separate switches and an emergency combiner, this might be a sign from Father Neptune that you should consider an upgrade, also.
Plan B would be buy a used replacement switch -- swap meet, Craig's list, or similar...
Watch out for switches that have been subject to over-current episodes and and have bulged plastic on the back or any other signs of damage.

Best,
Loren

ps: here, among other related threads on this site, is a long thread that discusses master switches and related stuff.
http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?t=2158&highlight=combiner

Last edited:

jmcpeak

Junior Viking
I'm need the exact same switch. Loren what are these "newer panel scheme using two separate switches and an emergency combiner" - have a link to one?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Switch stuff...

I'm need the exact same switch. Loren what are these "newer panel scheme using two separate switches and an emergency combiner" - have a link to one?

Take a look at reply #35 in the thread I mentioned above.

That's the panel we bought. I believe that there are other newer versions that even include a separate breaker for your always-should-be-on bilge pump....

Loren

Glyn Judson

Replacing your battery switch.

Jason, Several years ago I upgraded my original switch like yours to a Blue Sea model as mentioned by Loren. Although my switch is not shown on their site, it looks something like the one in the left as seen here: http://bluesea.com/category/1/productline/6 Upgrade and go sailing. Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey CA