• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

74 35 II access to front bilge

admirals barge

Member III
hi all

if i remove the table base is there a hole to access the front bilge ? if not has anyone created a hole to access the front bilge ?

thanks

greg

dalliance
74 35II # 325
wilmington,ca

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
Have you lost something valuable?

The frame holding up the sole tends to restrict access to much of the area beneath it. I am not sure about the table base specifically, but the bilge at the lateral middle of the boat, forward of the engine, is completely out of reach for me. However, sometimes you can wash lost items aft with a hose.

gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972

chaco

Member III
Front Bilge ?

There isn't a Front Bilge on the E35II :nerd:. The hull funnels down to the
bilge under the engine. There is a hole in the bulkhead in front of the engine
to drain everything from the front of the boat. The shower sump pump is
under the Settee, close to the Holding Tank :)
You can clean out your bilge from the Floor Access Panel in front of the
Head with a hose.

Happy Clean and Fresh Bilge :egrin: :egrin:

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
there is no access under the table, however on some of the 35s there is a 25 gal fresh water tank there that was installed at the factory before the sole was laid (sorry no known way to retrofit or replace). If yours doesn't have one and you are pressed for space, and handy, it may be worth putting a panel into the floor. my tank leaked at one time and the p/o cut one in and one in the top of the tank. I opened it up once and there is about 10" deep 2' wide ans 40" long under there.

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
I opened it up once and there is about 10" deep 2' wide ans 40" long under there.

Any chance you could post a photo of the site of the access panel? I am guessing it is just forward of the engine. It sounds like a useful space to keep a folded anchor or spare rode.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
here you go.there not pretty but you should get an idea of where I speak. they were taken from starboard looking port. that is the table pedestal at the top of the photos. The p/o didn't do anything to make it look finished and as the tank comes right up to the floor it just has a filler plate over it. someday I'll finish it off but the carpet covers it for now...out of sight out of mind till it gets to the top of that endless list. hope it helps, Edd:egrin:Picture 32.jpg

Picture 33.jpg

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
Well it was the only ugly hole he cut into the boat. that was one of the things that attracted me to this articular one as it had no refer or heater or water heater or out dated electronics ran through a bunch of holes that would need filled or re used in a less than optimum way to replace all that thirty-five year old worn out equipment. adding it all is expensive and a lot of work but at least I didn't have to buy it to turn around and replace it. so I forgave that one scar